Art.Science.Gallery. is so proud to invite you to our 5th Birthday party celebration benefitting Girlstart, a non-profit dedicated to increasing girls’ interest and engagement in STEM. Our independent art gallery was founded by local scientist and artist Dr. Hayley Gillespie on July 5, 2012 and is the nation’s first art gallery dedicated exclusively to science-inspired artwork.
Tickets $10 in advance (online) / $15 at the door (admission includes party favor color-changing beverage cup).
We’ve got great stuff planned for our 5th birthday bash:
- A silent auction benefitting Girlstart and featuring gifts and art by Art.Science.Gallery., Texas Coffee Traders, and more!
- Beat the heat with River City Frozen Beverages in your own color-changing Art.Science.Gallery. party favor cup!
- Yummy Birthday Cake! (obviously!)
- Live music presented by our neighbors at Sa-Tén Coffee & Eats!
- 5th Anniversary limited edition bananas in the gallery’s logo colors are available to the first 60 ticketholders. $9 early bird with your ticket / $12 at the door.
- Remarks by Dr. Tamara Hudgins, Executive Director of Girlstart, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
- Be the first to become a card-carrying member of Art.Science.Gallery. as the gallery’s new membership program launches at the birthday party.
- A brief awards ceremony at 7pm during the party will recognize outstanding contributions and support by individuals and organizations to the gallery in its first five years of operation
- See our current exhibit, Far Out, inspired by NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope!
5th BIRTHDAY SWAG
Limited Edition 5th Birthday Party Cups! | FREE with your ticket to the party / $4 online.
This rad color-changing 12-oz party cup is perfect for filling with complimentary River City Frozen Beverages during the bash. The cup changes from frosted to blue, purple, green or orange when filled with a cold beverage, revealing a nifty Art.Science.Gallery. logo.
Can’t make it to the party? You can buy these rad cups here!
Locally designed and printed, this rad 22 x 22 inch bandana features scientific symbols of 5 including the Saturn V rocket, the 5th human chromosome, Cassini’s drawing of Jupiter (the 5th planet from the sun), a 5-armed starfish by science artist Ernst Haeckel, the electron rings of Boron (atomic number 5), roman numeral V, the Greek numeral epsilon, the molecule cyclopentane and the five-lobed leaves of American Sweetgum (Liquidambar stryaciflua). The names of all 45 Art.Science.Gallery. exhibitions from 2012-2017 border this stylish graphic bandana!
Extremely limited edition of 12 each of our five logo colors: orange , yellow, green, blue or purple are being produced by the local printmakers at Raw Paw (Austin, TX).
Can’t make it to the party? You can buy a bandana here!
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT ART.SCIENCE.GALLERY.
“Congratulations to Art.Science.Gallery for five wonderful years! At a time when arts budgets are being slashed, A.S.G. is needed more than ever to help convey the beauty and wonder of science in a way that takes visitors out of their usual thinking caps and places them into the nanoworld, or ferrys them to the depths of outer space. When I curated “Go Ahead and Do It,” featuring portraits of women in the sciences, in 2014, it was incredibly powerful to see young women and men being moved by the stories of the unsung pioneers represented on the gallery walls.
This is the power of art, and another reason why I’m looking forward to the next five years at A.S.G.” – Maia Weinstock (@20tauri), science communicator at MIT, creator of women-in-STEM minifigs, and guest curator of our 2014 Go Ahead & Do It: Portraits of Women in STEM exhibition at Art.Science.Gallery..
“There is no other place like it that celebrates the fusion of art and science! The Art.Science.Gallery has been a big part of my journey as a creative scientist and I’m honoured to have my work represented at the Gallery Gift Shop. High Five for a fantastic five years and looking forward to sharing the next five with you!” –Rovena Tey (@thechemisttree), creator of The Chemist Tree greeting card company and represented in the gallery’s gift shop since 2013
“Art.Science.Gallery lets artists explain the world of science, beautifully, magically — who knew it would be so important right now?” – Laurie Frick, data artist at www.lauriefrick.com, exhibited her sleep series in our 2014 X Marks The Spot show.